My biggest pet peeve is rude people! But this list really breaks it down more! Someone went through a year’s worth of Google searches to find the most common pet peeve in all 50 states. Here’s what they found . . .
- Slow internet is #1 overall. It was the biggest pet peeve in 15 states. (Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Vermont, Washington, and Wisconsin.)
- Burping, 11 states. (Alabama, Kansas, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, and Tennessee.)
- When someone else’s kids won’t behave, seven states. (Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Michigan, North Carolina, Texas, and Virginia.)
- Bragging, five states. (Connecticut, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, and North Dakota.)
- Littering, four states. (Arkansas, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia.)
- Public displays of affection, three states. (Hawaii, Nevada, and New Hampshire.)
- Five pet peeves got one state each: In Nebraska, it’s laziness . . . Alaska, nail-biting . . . Wyoming, passive-aggressive behavior . . . Maryland, being too pessimistic . . . and the only state where TRAFFIC is the top pet peeve is Delaware.