The Community Response Fund (CRF) announces this week’s round of grants totaling $38,000 to seven different community organizations. These grants were awarded in response to the short-term emergency needs of nonprofits throughout our region due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
With the new grants included, the CRF has distributed a total of $132,250 to regional tax-exempt organizations since the fund launched March 20. View the full list to date at www.MankatoUnitedWay.org/community-response-fund or https://www.mankatoareafoundation.com/programs-and-initiatives/community-response-fund/.
The CRF will continue to grant funds on a rolling basis. If you are a nonprofit organization and have questions about how to apply, please contact Sarah Beiswanger at [email protected].
This round of CRF grants supported the following community organizations:
- Mankato Area Public Schools for supplies to print PPE on 3D printers.
- BENCHS for a Pet Food Shelf for people who have lost jobs due to COVID-19 and can’t afford to buy pet food.
- Lutheran Social Services to increase meals for seniors to two meals a day.
- MN Assistance Council for Veterans to assist veterans with incidentals due to job losses.
- Hispanic Advocacy and Empowerment through Research for online mental health services.
- City of Mankato for sanitizing community nonprofits.
- Get Mankato PPE for supplies for making PPE to distribute.