Authorities report wiring leading to a bathroom fan caused a fire over the weekend at a Mankato home.

Deputy Director of Public Safety-Fire Jeff Bengtson says crews responded to 121 Jaybee Lane shortly after 3 a.m. on Saturday.

“We arrived to find the fire in the bathroom/bedroom area of the mobile home. Crews were able to extinguish it fairly quickly. We worked with the State Fire Marshall’s Office to investigate the fire. The investigator determined that the area of origin was in the bathroom ceiling around the bathroom fan area.”

Jeff Bengtson.

Smoke detectors in the home did not work but four people in the residence were able to exit safely.

“I don’t have a cause yet as to why it wouldn’t have activated. Fortunately she was able to wake up and identify that there was smoke in the home and evacuate her family without any injuries.”

Damages are estimated at approximately 17-thousand dollars.