Carbon monoxide poisoning is more common in Minnesota during the winter heating season.  State Fire Chiefs Association President and Brooklyn Park Chief John Cunningham says you can purchase a C-O alarm for 20 dollars:

“To alert you and your family that there is dangerous carbon monoxide present because It’s not something that you can see, smell or taste. There’s no other indicators that this deadly gas exists other than that detector.”

Cunningham says a Brooklyn Park couple died of C-O poisoning in their Milles Lac County cabin in late October.