The Minnesota Department of Transportation is reporting flooding in several area highways.
In Waseca County, the Minnesota Department of Transportation has closed Highway 13 south of Waseca due to flooding.
Areas with water on the highway that remain at least partially open:
- Highway 83 near Eagle Lake.
- Highway 22 near Kasota.
- U.S. Highway 14 in a couple of areas near New Ulm.
- Highway 60 near Street. James.
- Highway 112 near Le Sueur and Le Center.
- Highway 99 about seven miles east of Le Center.
- Highway 93 near Henderson.
Blue Earth County officials say there are some road closures and other impacts caused by the snowmelt and heavy rains.
- County Road 1 south of Mankato between the city limit and County Road 90.
- County Road 183 between 594th Avenue and 598th Avenue.
- Indian Lake Road near 202nd Street.
- 505th Avenue/Deer Road between County Roads 11 and 105.
- County Road 103 between 232nd Street and Agate Road.
- County Road 138 at the intersection of 140th Street and 521Street Avenue.
- County Road 156 between 108th and 109th Street.
- County Road 189 between 620th and 623rd Avenues.
- 598th and 597th Avenues between County Road 17 and Highway 83.
- County Road 157 between 112th Street and State Highway 22.
- County Road 105 between State Highway 68 and 224th Street.
- County Road 10 between 145th and 150th Street.
In Le Sueur County, Sheriff Brett Mason advises the following roadways are closed:
- Dog Creek Rd. (CR 18) between Wildlife Rd. and Ridge Top Rd.
- County Road 116 just east of Le Sueur.
- County Road 114 between Shanghai Rd and 237th Avenue.
- County Rd. 113 South of Hwy 99.
In addition, Sheriff Mason urges drivers to use caution when traveling on all gravel roadways in the county as they are extremely saturated.
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources has closed the bison range road at Minneopa State Park until further notice.
Officials say it’s done every year at this time to protect the park and the bison range road from excessive damage during snowmelt and extremely wet periods. The length of the closure is weather-dependent. They add that the rest of the park remains open, including the falls area as well as hiking trails, including hiking trails that have views of the bison range.
In Alton, no travel is advised on any township road, and 30th Street is closed. Officials say 340th Avenue between 40 and 50th Street is also closed.
No travel is advised on any Blooming Grove Twp Road. In Byron, 90th Street between State Hwy 30 and 240 Avenue is closed.
In Janesville, 412th Avenue is closed between 50th and 60 Street.
The Martin County Sheriff’s Office says several roads are closed in the county.
- The intersection of 20th Avenue / 230th Street.
- 20th Avenue from 150th Street to 140th Street is closed.
- 20th Avenue from 90th Street to 70th Street.
- 50th Avenue ½ mi N of 210th Street.
- The intersection of 140th Street/90th Avenue.
- 110th Avenue ½ mi N of 200th Street.
- 200th Street ½ mi E of 130th Avenue.
- 220th Street from 140th Avenue to 150th Avenue.
- The intersection of 200th Street and 160th Avenue.
- 140th Street from 150th Avenue to 160th Avenue.
- 190th Avenue from 100th Street to 100th Street.
- 100th Street from 180th Avenue to 190th Avenue.
- 40th Street ½ mi W of 180th Avenue.
- 230th Street ½ mile E of Hwy 15.
Watonwan County is advising no travel at all on gravel roads.