The replacement of outdated lighting systems will begin Monday, May 2 at several intersections and interchanges in southcentral Minnesota, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
Lighting systems will be replaced at the following locations:
- Hwy 14/Lookout Drive interchange, North Mankato
- Hwy 14/3rd Ave. interchange, Mankato
- Hwy 22/CSAH 82 (S Victory Dr.) intersection, Mankato
- Hwy 30/Hwy 4 intersection, near St. James
- Hwy 60/Hwy 86 intersection, west of Windom
- Hwy 169/Hwy 60 S intersection, west of Mankato
- Hwy 169/CSAH 69 intersection, west of Mankato
The replacement of the outdated lighting systems will improve safety and reduce maintenance costs.
Temporary shoulder closures may be necessary during construction. MnDOT reminds motorists to drive with caution and watch for crews working near the roadway. The project is expected to be completed by late September, weather permitting.