A fire Monday night at a home on James Avenue in Mankato did about $30,000 in damage but nobody was hurt.

Mankato Fire officials said crews were sent to the home after the electric meter caught fire, and discovered that the flames had made their way to the inside of the house. The electric company disconnected the power and firefighters were able to put the fire out pretty quickly.

Nobody was home when the fire started, and firefighters rescued three dogs from the home.

Fire officials have determined that an electrical problem caused the fire.