Other than seeing Ashton Kutcher is in the cast, what are some red flags that tell you a movie probably ISN’T worth watching? Here are the best answers we’ve seen . . .
- If it’s a comedy and the trailer doesn’t make you laugh at least once, don’t bother. (It also sucks when they put ALL the funny scenes in the trailer.)
- If you feel like the trailer told you the whole story from A to Z, you’re probably right.
- If the good reviews all came from one or two critics, it’s probably a flop.
- If the first few minutes include a casual conversation where they over-explain the backstory or setup, then the script might not be that solid. (In screenwriting, it’s called too much “exposition.”)
- If the ads say critics are calling it “laugh-out-loud funny,” it’s probably not. And if you find out they didn’t screen it for critics at all, it’s definitely bad.
- If it’s based on a true story that happened in the last year or two, then they rushed it through and didn’t take enough time to make it good.
- If there’s unnecessary nudity in the first ten minutes, you can probably turn it off . . . unless that’s WHY you’re watching it.