Dayton requests federal help for storm damage

By |2018-08-08T14:44:20-05:00August 8th, 2018|

Gov. Mark Dayton is requesting federal help for Minnesota communities hit hard by severe storms and flooding between June 15 and July 12. Dayton has sent a letter to President Donald Trump requesting a disaster declaration. That would mean the Federal Emergency Management Agency would fund 75 percent of approved costs. The state would pay the other 25 percent. Federal, state, and local officials conducting damage assessments verified more than $21 million of eligible damages for 29 counties and three tribal nations, which includes Blue Earth, Brown, Cottonwood, Faribault, Martin, Nicollet and Watonwan County. A presidential declaration would provide assistance to [...]