^^^^ Yup, that’s my “I have pizza” dance, I look just like that guy, but with a baseball cap. Seriously, National Pizza Day and my birthday are on Saturday and I am looking forward to celebrating with my favorite food for the first time in 2019. The diet will continue on Monday, don’t tell JP (sorry buddy).
National Pizza Day, a legitimate reason for celebrating. Cue the pizza stats:
- 98% of Americans like pizza and 54% of us even say we LOVE IT.
- Almost one in three people eat it at least once a week. (or 3 to 4 times)
- 33 million Americans would pick pizza as their last meal on Earth . . . and 26 million would give up getting-it-on for a year for unlimited pizza.
- The most popular toppings are pepperoni . . . sausage . . . mushroom . . . and bacon. And the least popular are anchovies . . . eggplant . . . pineapple . . . and artichokes.
- When it comes to crusts, “regular” is the most popular type . . . thin crust is second . . . and deep dish is third.