Do you have a go-to food hack? Someone asked people to name a secret ingredient that can make your favorite food even better. Here are some of the weirder suggestions we’ve seen . . .
- Instead of salting your popcorn, use ramen noodle seasoning. Just tear that little silver packet open and dump some of the powder on with melted butter.
- Mustard in your mac-and-cheese. A little bit of Dijon adds some zest and gives the flavors more depth. Just don’t overdo it. You don’t want it to actually taste like mustard.
- Tajin seasoning on fruit. This one’s not that weird. A lot of people swear by it. It’s called a “Mexican Fruit Cup.”
- Instant coffee in your chocolate chip cookie batter. The person who suggested it says instant coffee works best, because it dissolves. Regular coffee messes with the texture too much.
- Making grilled cheese with mayonnaise instead of butter. Put a little mayo, hot sauce, and garlic powder in the pan instead of butter. It’s supposed to be much better.
- Sour cream in your scrambled eggs. Before you cook them, mix in a tablespoon of sour cream, and use less milk than normal. It’s supposed to make them fluffier, and they’ll also taste better.