Someone asked people to name things in dating profiles that are immediate turnoffs. Here are a few decent ones we’ve heard . . .
- Having no bio at all. It ruins your chances because people don’t know what you have in common, or how to start a conversation with you.
- Listing REQUIREMENTS that have to do with looks, like height and weight. Even if someone fits the requirements, being too superficial can be a turnoff.
- The line, “Don’t waste my time.” It makes you sound irritated before we’ve even talked to you.
- Photos where you’re flipping off the camera. It’s pretty common, because people think they look fun or cool. But it’s kind of like flipping off all your potential matches.
- Long rants about the type of person you DON’T want to date. It’s more attractive if you’re positive and focus on the things you DO want.
- Overused clichés. Things like “I’m fluent in sarcasm” . . . “I don’t like drama” . . . or “I’m looking for a partner in crime.”
- Quotes from the show “The Office”, or anything else that’s too mainstream. It’s okay if it’s something more obscure though.