When all the bars closed, you had two choices: Stop drinking fancy cocktails . . . or keep the party going and learn to make them yourself.
Someone looked at Google Trends to find the #1 cocktail each state has been googling during the pandemic. Here are the top drinks we’ve been learning to make . . .
- Mimosas, from people brunching at home. It’s just champagne and OJ, but it’s #1 in six states. (Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, North Carolina, and Tennessee.)
- Piña coladas are next with three states. (Florida, New Jersey, and New Mexico.)
- White Russians, three states. (Alaska, Minnesota, and West Virginia.)
- Mojitos, three states. (Arkansas, Virginia, and Washington.)
- Margaritas, three states. (Missouri, New Hampshire, and Texas.)
- “Wine coolers” also made the list with three states. (Kansas, Kentucky, and Pennsylvania.) You can make your own by mixing wine and ginger ale.
- Bellini, Dark and Stormy, and Old Fashioned got two states each. And one state’s top cocktail is really a MOCKTAIL. Shirley Temples are #1 in Nevada.