A lot of people have been getting groceries delivered during COVID. So some of us may have forgotten our grocery store manners. Here are six tips:
- Don’t leave your cart in the middle of the parking lot. It blocks parking spaces, and it’s just annoying. Take the extra 30 seconds to return it.
- Don’t leave the checkout line to go grab another item. If the line is three people deep and you’re still waiting, fine. But once you’re checking out, you can’t leave.
- Don’t block the aisle with your cart. Move it to the side so other people can get by. We’re still in a pandemic, so no one wants to touch your cart to move it.
- Gaming the “10 items or less” lane. Don’t line up with 15 items and expect no one to notice. A recent poll found 89% of us think “10 items or less” should be a strict rule, and even 11 isn’t okay.
- Letting your kids misbehave. The grocery store isn’t a jungle gym. They can have fun and be kids. Just don’t let them get too crazy.